Area Surveyor, West region
£35,000 per annum + £3,000 per annum car allowance
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Closing date 04 December 2017
Hanover is recruiting an Area Surveyor. The creation of this role follows a restructure of the Property Asset Management function and is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the delivery of Hanover’s ambitious asset management strategy.
What you’ll be doing
As an Area Surveyor you will provide the regional responsive repairs and void surveying function with data to enable the delivery of Hanover’s annual asset investment programme, putting customers first throughout all activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Engaging the right repairs contractors to meet operational requirements
- Support and build a competent and motivated contractor base that effectively delivers excellent services
- Prepare feasibility studies, specifications, schedules of work, tender and contract documentation, presentations and working drawings in accordance with approved repairs work
- Ensure that effective and consistent surveying and technical judgements are made to complete repairs and maintenance from inception to completion
Who we need
We are looking for people who have experience working in a similar role, and who have knowledge of the housing/care sector. You should also have experience of delivering responsive repair and void works and services to leaseholders and tenants, and experience in managing a multi-site service.
Key experience and skills required:
- Knowledge and understanding of building construction, property maintenance and responsive repairs
- Experience of managing contractual and financial performance of operations
- HND/HNC in building, construction or related technical discipline
- Strong stakeholder management skills with ability to initiate and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Be comfortable in an environment that promotes organisational change and transformation
- Ability to travel across your region
Who we are
Hanover employs more than 900 people throughout England. We are an inclusive employer and our investment in you is recognised by the Gold Standard award for Investors in People.
At Hanover we believe in values. We are Honest, Connected, Positive, Courageous, Respectful and Inclusive. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
What we offer
We believe in supporting you, and have a range of lifestyle benefits to ensure a good work-life balance, and a positive sense of wellbeing. Our attractive packages include:
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) and 1.5 company allocated days
- Option to take up to 10 days unpaid leave per year
- Contributory pension scheme, with employer contributions and non-contributory life assurance
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity and paternity pay, childcare vouchers and flexible working patterns
- A dedicated Employee Assistance Programme providing confidential support and advice
About the role
Apply for this job
- View full job description
- Location: The role will require the post holder to be based in the region, preferably in the area of Salisbury
- Employment is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)