Building Superintendent/Caretaker, Muswell Hill, London
£20,800 per annum including London Allowance
35 hours per week, Monday to Sunday (flexible working pattern)
Closing date 12 April 2017
What you’ll be doing
This role involves a range of duties such as gardening, ground maintenance and basic repairs at a new housing development. It could be an ideal next step in your career if you’ve worked as a caretaker or a handyperson, or in a trade, facilities or housing role.
You’ll be looking after the communal areas of Woodside Square, Muswell Hill, both inside and outside, acting as first point of contact with residents on repairs and maintenance. The role involves gardening duties to bushes, shrubs, potted plants and small trees, and carrying out straightforward maintenance. You will be the go-to person on any communal maintenance issue for residents at the development.
You’ll also oversee contractors carrying out specialist repairs. It will be important to offer a friendly, helpful service to residents, including advising them on repairs in their own homes. The working pattern is flexible but will involve some weekend work.
Who we need
You’ll bring a 'can do' attitude and a proactive approach to building maintenance. You will be an outgoing and effective communicator, with excellent customer service skills. You’re likely to have relevant trade, gardening or handyperson experience. You’ll need to understand horticultural best practice.
We need people who share our values, people who are friendly, customer focused, calm and have the ability to work with a wide range of people. Being well organised is essential.
Who we are
Hanover employs more than 900 people throughout England. We are an inclusive employer and our investment in you is recognised by the Gold Standard award for Investors in People.
At Hanover we believe in values. We are Honest, Connected, Positive, Courageous, Respectful and Inclusive. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
What we offer
We believe in supporting you, and have a range of lifestyle benefits to ensure a good work-life balance, and a positive sense of wellbeing. Our attractive packages include:
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) and 1.5 company allocated days (pro rata for part time staff)
- Option to take an additional 10 days holiday per year (pro rata for part time staff)
- Contributory pension scheme, with employer contributions and non-contributory life assurance
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity and paternity pay, childcare vouchers and flexible working patterns
- A commitment to growing you through training and individual development plans
About the role
- View full job description
- This role may involve some weekend work
- Location: Woodside Square, Muswell Hill, London, N10 3HU
- Interview date: 25/26 April 2017 at the Marketing Suite in Woodside Square
- Employment is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
Apply for this job
Hanover is currently going through a period of organisational change and this position may be reviewed in 2018.