Communications Officer, Kings Cross
£30,000 to £32,000 depending on experience, includes London Allowance
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Closing date 21 December 2017
Internal Communications at Hanover is a well-regarded and highly visible function and benefits greatly from both Executive and Senior leader support. We play a key role in delivering ‘Taking Hanover Forward’, Hanover’s ambitious change programme - this has been designed to ensure we remain innovative and a market leader within the housing and older people’s sector, as we have been for the past 50 years.
What you’ll be doing
As part of Hanover’s Communications team, you will work closely with the Internal Communications Manager to support the delivery and implementation of Hanover’s internal communications strategy and programme of activity. Your responsibilities would include:
- Drafting, editing and managing the distribution of a wide range of internal messages
- Developing briefs and other guidance to support colleagues and other stakeholders in delivering high quality and impactful internal content
- Maintaining and moderating content, and encouraging staff engagement on H-net, Hanover’s recently upgraded intranet
- Managing and supporting staff events
- Establishing a regular programme of evaluation to measure the effectiveness of our internal communications and the channels used
Who we need
We’re looking for an energetic individual, with a strong flair for communications (both verbal and written), and a real keenness to learn more about a wide range of communications activities, both internal and external. You’ll have:
- Excellent inter-personal skills, and the ability to engage and build relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
- Good organisational and analytical skills, with a high degree of accuracy, the ability to prioritise among a range of different tasks, and a commitment to delivery
- You will have a degree or 1-2 year’s relevant communications or marketing experience
- You will also need to show that you are quick to learn about the organisation, its audiences and its functions
We need people who share our values, people who are friendly, customer focused, calm and have the ability to work with a wide range of people. Being computer literate is also essential.
Who we are
Hanover employs more than 900 people throughout England. We are an inclusive employer and our investment in you is recognised by the Gold Standard award for Investors in People.
At Hanover we believe in values. We are Honest, Connected, Positive, Courageous, Respectful and Inclusive. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
What we offer
We believe in supporting you, and have a range of lifestyle benefits to ensure a good work-life balance and a positive sense of wellbeing. Our attractive packages include:
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) and 1.5 company allocated days (pro rata for part time staff)
- Option to take up to 10 days unpaid leave per year (pro rata for part time staff)
- Contributory pension scheme, with employer contributions and non-contributory life assurance
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity and paternity pay, childcare vouchers and flexible working patterns
- A commitment to growing you through training, professional qualification support and individual development plans
About the role
- View full job description
- Location: Macadam House, 275 Grays Inn Road, Kings Cross, London, WC1X 8QB*
- Hours: 35 per week, Monday to Friday
- Salary: £30,000 to £32,000 per annum depending on experience (includes inner London allowance)
- Interview date: 4 or 5 January
- Other: *This post has a base at our office in Kings Cross but will include some home-working
If you could like to have an informal discussion about the role please contact Internal Communications Manager, Celia Enyioko-Hanniford – firstname.lastname@example.org or 07977 907968.
Apply for this job