IT Support Apprentice, Chippenham (15 month fixed term contract)
£8,700 per annum
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Closing date 19 September 2017
What you’ll be doing
In this role you'll assist the IT Department in ensuring that colleagues who use computing and communications systems receive a first rate support service and are consistently dealt with in a customer-focused manner.
Responsibilities of the IT Support Apprentice include:
- To carry out second line support & maintenance tasks and to assist with project work in the area of desktop/client technology
- Support the IT Service Desk by providing an effective second line desktop support service, working to agreed standards, processes and service levels
- Ensure all service requests and small-scale routine change requests are allocated appropriately
- Respond to customer enquiries and questions, ensuring that all queries are promptly and accurately logged and handled in line with established procedures
- To understand and work within the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practice framework
- Ensure customers are kept updated on progress of incidents and service requests and that a consistently high quality service is delivered
- Maintain working relationships with the IT Service Desk and third line IT teams
Who we need
We need people who share our values, people who are friendly, customer focused, calm and have the ability to work with a wide range of people.
Who we are
Hanover employs more than 900 people throughout England. We are an inclusive employer and our investment in you is recognised by the Gold Standard award for Investors in People.
At Hanover we believe in values. We are Honest, Connected, Positive, Courageous, Respectful and Inclusive. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
What we offer
We believe in supporting you, and have a range of lifestyle benefits to ensure a good work-life balance and a positive sense of wellbeing. Our attractive packages include:
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) and 1.5 company allocated days (pro rata for part time staff)
- Option to take up to 10 days unpaid leave per year (pro rata for part time staff)
- Contributory pension scheme, with employer contributions and non-contributory life assurance
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity and paternity pay, childcare vouchers and flexible working patterns
- A commitment to growing you through training and individual development plans
About the role
- View full job description
- Location: Gateway House, Cornbrash Park, Chippenham, SN14 6RA (relocating to Methuen Business Park, Chippenham in November/December 2017)
- This is a fixed term post for a period of 15 months
Further information is available by clicking on the 'Apply' button below which will take you to the QA Apprenticeship website and a link to apply for this role.
Apply for this job