Hanover on Call
Hanover on Call supports more than 22,000 Hanover residents and customers throughout England and Wales, delivering an independently accredited alarm call monitoring and telecare assistance service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Alarm call response service
Hanover on Call offers a range of emergency and alarm call services that can be tailored to suit individual tenants and homeowners. These include:
- monitoring alarm calls from residents
- monitoring shared door entry systems
- monitoring smoke detectors and fire alarm systems
- liaising with care and support providers
- repairs and maintenance
- access to a 24 hour translation service
Residents can contact Hanover on Call by calling 0844 892 1013* or by activating alarm equipment if this is installed in their property. Alarm equipment will typically include pull-cords or pendants. If you are a new resident, your estate manager will be able to explain to you how the Hanover on Call service works in more detail.
* Calls cost 5p per minute from a BT landline, calls from other operators and mobile providers may vary and will be charged at their standard rates.
Telecare monitoring service
Telecare (also known as assistive technology) can help residents who are frail or disabled to continue to live independently. Telecare can be provided by an individual’s local authority with Hanover on Call providing the monitoring service.
There is a wide range of telecare equipment that can be used to help residents remain in their home. Examples of telecare equipment include:
- fall detectors: which are worn and activate an automatic alert if someone falls over who may be unconscious or unable to call for help themselves
- flood detectors: which provide an early warning of a bath or sink overflowing
- occupancy sensors: which automatically create an alarm call if someone falls out of a bed or chair
- vibrating/flashing alerts: for individuals with hearing impairments
More advanced and sophisticated telecare equipment is constantly being developed and is available for an increasing range of situations. We work closely with care agencies and social services departments to ensure that residents are supported with appropriate telecare equipment and monitoring services if required.
Who uses Hanover on Call?
As well as providing alarm monitoring and telecare services to over 22,000 Hanover residents, Hanover on Call also provides services to other organisations including:
- London Borough of Hackney
- Selwood Housing
- Central and Cecil Housing Trust
Hanover on Call is accredited by the Telecare Services Association (TSA) and follows its Telecare Code of Practice
Hanover on Call is audited by the TSA annually.
Alarm and telephone calls are all recorded and the recordings are kept for a minimum of one calendar year.
Hanover on Call has an external monitoring contract with Hackney Council. The contract includes monitoring for various housing associations, including lifeline connections for service users who live in their own homes within the borough of Hackney. A Hanover Telecare Response Service is also available and is linked to this contract. The Telecare Response officers are based in Hackney and will respond to service users when there is a need.
At the end of every financial year a newsletter is sent out from Hanover on Call to every service user within this contract, and an annual report is created. The annual report for 2013-2014 is available in Performance Reports.
More detailed information about Hanover on Call can be found in the Resident Information Centre, and you may find the following leaflets particularly useful:
Hanover On Call Monitoring Response Centre leaflet (PDF 161kb)
Hanover on Call Responder agreement (PDF 183kb)
You can speak to Hanover on Call direct on 0844 892 1013. Calls cost 5p per minute from a BT landline, calls from other operators and mobile providers may vary and will be charged at their standard rates.