Energy advice and switching to find the best deals for you
Our Energy Advisor is part of our Financial Rights team
Switching energy suppliers can be confusing. Companies show their tariffs in different ways and have a range of different plans. We can help you decide if you would be better off switching, or if you could make savings by staying with your current provider and changing tariffs. We can also check your eligibility for the Warm Home Discount or a Winter Fuel Payment.
Our energy advice service compares all gas and electricity suppliers against the prices you are currently paying. Statistics show that nine out of ten people can achieve noticeable savings on their energy bills just by changing provider or tariff.
There are absolutely no hidden charges or costs in using our service. Our broker conforms to the high standards of the Consumer Focus Confidence Code. Any industry commission made from a switch will be passed on to the individual resident involved. This can be up to £15.
Here are just a few examples of how we’ve helped residents save money:
- A resident in Essex saved a total of £233 with the help of the Energy Wise service. Our advisor saved her £103 on annual energy bills by switching suppliers, helped her claim £140 from the Warm Home Discount scheme and found she is eligible for a Winter Fuel Payment worth £200.
- A resident in Suffolk saved nearly £800 with the help of our advice service. As well as registering for a Warm Home Discount of £140, he claimed back £658 in outstanding credit on his energy account that he didn’t realise he was entitled to.
Want to know if you could switch and save?
We have a number of options for you to choose from:
1. Discuss your bills with our Energy Advisor on 0800 023 2029 or 01784 446 042. Please have your latest bill to hand.
2. Post a copy of your bill to:
Hanover Housing Association
FREEPOST ANG 3085
3. Scan and email a copy of your bill to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know how you would like to be contacted (phone number, email or postal address).
Our Energy Wise service is part of our Be Wise services. You can find out more in our Energy Wise leaflet. To help our residents further, we also have a website that provides completely impartial advice on current energy usage. Take look at the site to see how much you could save.