We Are Digital
Hanover is working with We Are Digital, a major digital inclusion training provider, to present an opportunity for all Hanover estates across the country.
With the support of We Are Digital, residents at Hanover estates are able to make an application to the Lottery’s Awards for All programme and Hanover’s Greenshoots fund, to:
- Organise long-term IT training courses (2 x 12 week courses) for residents
- Provide extra training support on a one-to-one basis in residents' homes if needed
- Purchase equipment (10-15 laptops) for communal space or residents
- Get broadband/landline installed at your estate and paid for one year
An experienced fundraising consultant at We Are Digital will:
- Work with the estate manager and lead residents to make both applications (Lottery Awards for All and Greenshoots), filling in information on their behalf and saving you time
- Gather and insert local information and residents' stories to help support the funding bid
- Support the estate on how to make the application successful
- If successful, a local We Are Digital tutor will deliver the training at your estate
We Are Digital has the largest network of tutors in the UK in over 40 locations.
Please be aware that Greenshoots funding will not make the payment to the resident association’s bank account until we receive written confirmation from Awards for All that their funding application has been successful.
The benefits of being ‘digitally included’
Many services, both public and commercial, are moving towards being ‘online only’, or ‘digital by default’. As a result of this, those people who are not able to access the internet, or are digitally excluded, may find getting the best price for products and services more difficult. Accessing the internet at home can help to improve the quality of life and extend the independence of people in a number of ways;
- Save money – on average, an individual who is online saves £440 a year by shopping around for the best deals, using price comparison websites, switching utility providers and paying bills online where discounts are regularly offered for doing so (Source: Tinder Foundation, 2014)
- Access to health information – in some cases, this information is quicker to find than organising an appointment with a GP
- Manage benefit claims – for those in receipt of benefits, the Government is aiming in the future for applications to be processed online only, which will allow claimants to check on the progress of their claim and update their circumstances independently. Support will still be provided but, in line with reducing local authority budgets, the level of support is being streamlined.
The following Hanover estates have already been successful as a result of We Are Digital’s applications, and are currently enjoying training courses:
- Aldwyn Place, Englefield Green (Surrey): received £10,550 funds
- Hanover Court, Colindale (North London): received £10,550 funds
- Hanover Court, Beverley (East Riding of Yorkshire): received £10,340 funds
How to enquire
It's easy to get the process started! To find out more and register your interest please either contact Shona Martin, Service Development Assistant, on 07714 973 086 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The We Are Digital head office team can also be contacted via email to email@example.com. Alternatively you can call 03333 444 019 to leave your details with their head office team.