Administrative Assistant, Bristol
£10,700 per annum
20 hours per week, Monday to Friday (20 hours over 4 days will be considered)
Closing date 03 May 2018
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Estate Manager, there will be ample opportunity to shine and build on your already impressive abilities as you provide a responsive and effective administrative service. Specifically you will:
- Support the Estate Manager across the full spectrum of administrative tasks - including filing, photocopying, taking telephone calls, record-keeping and income collection
- Deal with all aspects of estate management - such as arrears, voids and repairs
- Deputise for the Estate Manager when needed
- Deal with estate enquiries and produce information for residents - including newsletters
- Liaise skilfully with residents, staff, contractors, stakeholders and partners, as required.
Who we need
We are looking for a highly efficient, organised administrator who is keen to use their skills in a socially responsible setting. To succeed in this role you will need:
- An understanding of and empathy with the needs of older people
- The ability to work as part of a team and on your own
- Outstanding organisation and communication skills
- A good standard of general education, alongside IT literacy
- To be a practical person with common sense and initiative
We need people who share our values, people who are friendly, customer focused, calm and have the ability to work with a wide range of people. Being computer literate is also essential.
Who we are
Hanover employs more than 900 people throughout England. We are an inclusive employer and our investment in you is recognised by the Gold Standard award for Investors in People.
At Hanover we believe in values. We are Honest, Connected, Positive, Courageous, Respectful and Inclusive. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
What we offer
We believe in supporting you, and have a range of lifestyle benefits to ensure a good work-life balance and a positive sense of wellbeing. Our attractive packages include:
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) and 1.5 company allocated days (pro rata for part time staff)
- Option to take up to 10 days unpaid leave per year (pro rata for part time staff)
- Contributory pension scheme, with employer contributions and non-contributory life assurance
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity and paternity pay, childcare vouchers and flexible working patterns
- A commitment to growing you through training, professional qualification support and individual development plans
About the role
- View full job description
- Location: Badminton Gardens, Beaufort Road, Downend, Bristol, BS16 6FG
- Interview date: 14 May 2018
- Employment is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
Hanover is currently going through a period of organisational change and this position may be reviewed in 2018/2019.
Apply for this job