Caretaker, York (Part time)
£2,786 per annum
6 hours per week, working pattern negotiable
Closing date 22 October 2018
What you'll be doing
As Caretaker you will provide a minor repairs service to residents and maintain the grounds in keeping with agreed standards.
Providing security cover, including a daily inspection of the internal and external areas of the site, you will also be responsible for testing alarms, emergency lighting and other equipment on a weekly basis. You will need to monitor contractor performance and report any issues of concern to the Area Manager or repairs team.
You will be required to comply with health and safety policy and procedures and COSHH regulations, and be aware of safety hazards adhering to any risk assessments, safe systems of work, manual handling and lifting procedures.
Who we need
You’ll bring a 'can do' attitude and proactive approach. You will be an outgoing and effective communicator, with excellent customer service skills.
We need people who share our values, people who are friendly, customer focused, calm and have the ability to work with a wide range of people. Being computer literate is also essential.
Who we are
Hanover employs more than 900 people throughout England. We are an inclusive employer and our investment in you is recognised by our award for Investors in People.
At Hanover we believe in values. We are Honest, Connected, Positive, Courageous, Respectful and Inclusive. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
What we offer
We believe in supporting you, and have a range of lifestyle benefits to ensure a good work-life balance, and a positive sense of wellbeing. Our attractive packages include:
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) and 1.5 company allocated days (pro rata for part time staff)
- Option to take up to 10 days unpaid leave per year (pro rata for part time staff)
- Contributory pension scheme, with employer contributions and non-contributory life assurance
- Family friendly policies, including enhanced maternity and paternity pay, childcare vouchers and flexible working patterns
- O2 and Microsoft Office discounts for staff
- A commitment to growing you through training, professional qualification support and individual development plans
About the role
- View full job description
- Location: St Andrew Place, York, YO1 7BP
- Interview date: 1 November 2018 at Hanover Court, Haxby, YO32 3SS
- Contract: permanent
- Employment is subject to a satisfactory Bsic Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
Hanover and Anchor are currently in talks around merging. To find out more, visit our proposed merger pages.
Apply for this job