IT Support Apprentice, Chippenham
Starting at £11,300 per annum
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Closing date 01 July 2018
In this role you'll assist the IT Department in ensuring that colleagues who use computing and communications systems receive a first rate support service and are consistently dealt with in a customer focused manner.
What you’ll be doing
As an IT Support Apprentice you will support the IT Service Desk by providing an effective second line desktop support service, carry out second line support and maintenance and to assist with project work in the area of desktop and client technology. You will also assist with administration and the production of reports and documentation as required.
- Assist in the implementation of new desktop systems and services, helping to ensure they are delivered to a professional standard
- Demonstrate a high degree of attention to detail and organise own work effectively to meet deadlines
- Respond to customer enquiries and questions, ensuring that all queries are promptly and accurately logged and handled in line with established procedures
Key experience and skills
- Minimum GCSE grades A to C (or equivalent) including Maths and English. All applicants will be required to pass initial assessments in Maths and English
- Knowledge of laptop/PC/mobile phone hardware
- Experience of working in a customer-focused service environment where telephone and face-to-face communications is a key element
Who we are
Hanover employs more than 900 people throughout England. We are an inclusive employer and our investment in you is recognised by our award for Investors in People.
At Hanover we believe in values. We are Honest, Connected, Positive, Courageous, Respectful and Inclusive. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
What we offer
We believe in supporting you, and have a range of lifestyle benefits to ensure a good work-life balance, and a positive sense of wellbeing. Our attractive packages include:
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) and 1.5 company allocated days (pro rata for part time staff)
- Option to take up to 10 days unpaid leave per year (pro rata for part time staff)
- Contributory pension scheme, with employer contributions and non-contributory life assurance
- Family friendly policies, including enhanced maternity and paternity pay, childcare vouchers and flexible working patterns
- O2 and Microsoft Office discounts for staff
- A commitment to growing you through training, professional qualification support and individual development plans
About the role
For full details and to apply, please visit the vacancy on the Government website.
Hanover and Anchor are currently in talks around merging. To find out more, visit our proposed merger pages.