Lead Financial Rights Advisor, St Neots (Fixed term)
£29,400 per annum
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Closing date 04 May 2018
What you’ll be doing
This is an opportunity to lead a busy, dynamic team offering welfare rights advice and fronting Hanover’s suite of Be Wise services to both customers and staff. The team includes an Energy Advisor dealing with energy switching, and you will manage their role on a day to day basis.
You will be providing a service guiding claimants towards the most appropriate sources for benefits and completing application forms, both through a telephone help line and personal visits.
Ensuring that people know and get what they are entitled to is vital, so you will lead on communications and briefings on benefits to operational teams, and co-ordinate road shows, training events and other initiatives aimed at widening access to benefits.
Who we need
To succeed, you will need expert knowledge of the benefits system, particularly as it affects older people; direct experience of providing welfare benefits advice would be a definite advantage. Coming from a customer service focussed environment, you must be an articulate communicator with a can-do attitude and persuasive presentation skills.
As well as taking an active part in benefits advice work, you will be responsible for day to day management of the team; therefore experience of team leadership and an ability to organise workloads, produce reports and manipulate data will be an advantage.
We need people who share our values, people who are friendly, customer focused and have the ability to work with a wide range of people. The role also requires independence and innovation. Being computer literate, willing to travel nationally and stay away overnight as required is essential.
A full driving licence is essential in this role.
Who we are
Hanover employs more than 900 people throughout England. We are an inclusive employer and our investment in you is recognised by our award for Investors in People.
At Hanover we believe in values. We are Honest, Connected, Positive, Courageous, Respectful and Inclusive. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
What we offer
We believe in supporting you, and have a range of lifestyle benefits to ensure a good work-life balance and a positive sense of wellbeing. Our attractive packages include:
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) and 1.5 company allocated days (pro rata for part time staff)
- Option to take up to 10 days unpaid leave per year (pro rata for part time staff)
- Contributory pension scheme, with employer contributions and non-contributory life assurance
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity and paternity pay, childcare vouchers and flexible working patterns
- A commitment to growing you through training, professional qualification support and individual development plans
About the role
Apply for this job
- View full job description
- Location: Nelson House, Alington Road, Little Barford, St Neots, PE19 6RE
- Interview date: 21 May 2018
- This is a 9 month fixed term contract covering maternity leave
- Employment is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)