Project Surveyor, St Neots (Fixed term)
£35,700 plus £3,000 car allowance per annum
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Closing date 02 August 2018
What you’ll be doing
As a Project Surveyor you will provide the regional project surveying function to enable the delivery of Hanover’s annual asset investment programme, putting customers first throughout all activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Engage the right contractors to meet operational requirements. Support and build a competent and motivated contractor base that effectively delivers excellent services
- Prepare feasibility studies, specifications, schedules of work, tender and contract documentation
- Ensure the effective and consistent surveying and technical judgements are made to complete projects from inception to completion to properly inform and manage planned investment contractors
Who we need
We are looking for people who have experience working in a similar role, and who have knowledge of the housing/care sector. You should also have experience of delivering asset investment programme of works and services to leaseholders and tenants and experience in managing a multi-site service.
Key experience and skills required:
- Knowledge and understanding of building construction, property maintenance and improvements
- Experience of managing contractual and financial performance of operations
- HND/HNC in Building, Construction or related technical discipline
- Strong stakeholder management skills with ability to initiate and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Be comfortable in an environment that promotes organisational change and transformation
- Ability to travel across your region
Who we are
Hanover employs more than 900 people throughout England. We are an inclusive employer and our investment in you is recognised by our award for Investors in People.
At Hanover we believe in values. We are Honest, Connected, Positive, Courageous, Respectful and Inclusive. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
What we offer
We believe in supporting you, and have a range of lifestyle benefits to ensure a good work-life balance, and a positive sense of wellbeing. Our attractive packages include:
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) and 1.5 company allocated days (pro rata for part time staff)
- Option to take up to 10 days unpaid leave per year (pro rata for part time staff)
- Contributory pension scheme, with employer contributions and non-contributory life assurance
- Family friendly policies, including enhanced maternity and paternity pay, childcare vouchers and flexible working patterns
- O2 and Microsoft Office discounts for staff
- A commitment to growing you through training, professional qualification support and individual development plans
About the role
- View full job description
- Location: Nelson House, Alington Road, Little Barford, St Neots, PE19 2LL
- Interview date: to be confirmed
- Contract: 12 months fixed term
- Employment is subject to a satisfactory Basic Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
Hanover and Anchor are currently in talks around merging. To find out more, visit our proposed merger pages.
Apply for this job