Regional Asset Investment Manager, East
£55,300 plus £3,000 car allowance per annum
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Closing date 04 April 2018
What you’ll be doing
Within this role you will lead a regional asset investment team to deliver Hanover’s annual asset investment programme, putting customers at the heart of your decision-making.
The creation of this role follows a restructure of the Property Asset Management function and is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the delivery of Hanover’s ambitious asset management strategy.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Overseeing effective and consistent management of regional contracts for repairs, voids and planned asset investment and the national compliance contracts’ including all other asset and estate management contracted services
- Ensure consistent contract and contractor management, performance management and budgetary control across all regions
- To be accountable for performance improvement, service development and driving asset investment decisions to ensure our housing and support services meet local demand and provide value for money
- Monitor and manage delivery of M&E contracts and contractors
- To lead, performance manage and develop a team of Surveyors and Asset Project Managers
Who we need
For our Regional Asset Investment Programme Managers we need dedicated individuals, with knowledge of the Housing/Care sector, and understanding of building construction, property maintenance and improvement. You should be comfortable working in a changing environment and have significant experience of developing delivery programmes relating to asset investment works and services to leaseholders and tenants.
Key Skills and experiences required:
- Experience in managing a multi-site service
- Ability to apply strong generalist skills to managing technical areas of responsibility
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Ability to identify customer needs and develop appropriate solutions
- Strong skills in performance management, monitoring and financial management
- HND/HNC in Building, Construction or a related technical discipline
Who we are
Hanover employs more than 900 people throughout England. We are an inclusive employer and our investment in you is recognised by the Silver Standard award for Investors in People.
At Hanover we believe in values. We are Honest, Connected, Positive, Courageous, Respectful and Inclusive. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
What we offer
We believe in supporting you, and have a range of lifestyle benefits to ensure a good work-life balance, and a positive sense of wellbeing. Our attractive packages include:
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) and 1.5 company allocated days
- The option to take up to 10 days unpaid leave per year (pro rata for part time staff)
- Contributory pension scheme, with employer contributions and non-contributory life assurance
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity and paternity pay and flexible working patterns
- A dedicated Employee Assistance Programme providing confidential support and advice
About the role
Apply for this job
- View full job description
- Base location: Nelson House, Alington Road, Little Barford, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 6RE, with a requirement to be semi-agile and travel
- Interview date: first round 27 April in St Neots with the second round the following week
- Employment is subject to a satisfactory Basic Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)