Asset Management Procurement Strategy
We’re undergoing a period of change and reviewing the way we deliver services to our customers. This review includes looking at planned works and cyclical maintenance of our assets, and the contracts we have in place that support this.
In 2017 we finalised a new Asset Management Strategy. Following this, we developed a procurement strategy which focuses on the delivery of the Asset Management Strategy. The procurement strategy contains a number of procurement ‘packages’ that Hanover will be going out to tender for over the next three years. Whilst these may be subject to change, the current contract packages are as listed below. You will notice that there are gaps in the numbering. This is where certain packages have already been tendered for.
- Package 1: Planned works
- Package 3: Communal heating system installations and servicing (multi-lot)
- Package 4: Electrical testing services
- Package 5: Warden control/telecare system installations
- Package 6: Building security
- Package 7: Fire safety system servicing and remedials
- Package 8: Passenger lift installations and servicing
- Package 10: Consultancy services
- Package 11: Assisted bath servicing
- Package 12: Catering equipment servicing
- Package 13: Lightning protection and fall arrest
- Package 15: Energy performance certification
- Package 16: Gas safety audits
- Package 17: Water safety testing
- Package 18: Material supply contract
- Package 19: Catering equipment installations
Please view the PDF of our PowerPoint presentation from our Asset Management Strategy Roadshow. This provides further information about the following: the aims and priorities of our strategy, the scope of each individual package, and some of the key stakeholders of Hanover’s Asset Management team.
Visuals of site locations and geographical regions can be viewed by clicking on the maps below which reflect Hanover's four operational regions:
Package 1 – Planned works
This is Hanover’s largest planned preventative and cyclical maintenance contract. It includes a number of work streams that are currently delivered through standalone contracts or procured at a local level. The planned works contract will take a strategic whole house approach to the delivery of preventative maintenance, and the replacement and improvement of building components and common areas. The works included as part of this planned works contract will include:
- Interior and exterior cyclical decorations
- UPVC window and door installations
- Kitchen and bathroom replacements
- Door and joinery installations
- Electrical heating works
- Fire alarm and other fire safety installations (including fire stopping/compartmentation works)
- TV aerial installations
- External areas installation and refurbishments (such as roofing, fencing, path, roads)
- Lighting renewals and planned works (including emergency lighting)
- Major void refurbishments
Hanover is planning to go out to tender for this package no later than 13 March 2018. Bidders will be invited to submit an SQ proposal for one or more regional lots in accordance with Hanover’s four operational regions.
Where the tender will be listed
The tender will be made available on Hanover’s e-Tendering portal. If you are interested in bidding for this package, we recommend you register your organisation ahead of 13 March 2018. The link to Hanover’s e-Tendering portal can be found here.
We are currently producing a list of frequently asked questions about Package 1. These are based on feedback obtained during supplier drop-in days, email correspondence, roadshows, and so on. We will add these frequently asked questions to our website shortly.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at the dedicated email address for our Asset Management Procurement programme: email@example.com.