A Hanover estate manager chatting with residents

Access to care

We can provide help and advice to residents who wish to access local care services.

Although Hanover doesn’t provide personal care services directly, we can provide help and advice on how you can access local care services.

Personal care can include:

  • Help with getting up, washing and dressing, and going to bed
  • Assistance with housework, cleaning and shopping
  • Helping you to prepare meals, or preparing or providing meals for you
  • Providing assistance in relation to other medical or health needs

On most of our Extra Care Housing estates there’s a dedicated care team based on site. This team works closely with the estate manager to ensure residents have access to the personal care services they need.

Before you move to an Extra Care Housing estate, you'll be required to have a care assessment. This will enable us to fully understand your needs. The criteria used for assessing needs vary depending on location. Your local estate manager will be able to provide you with more detailed information about the care assessment process for their estate. You can find out more by visiting our How to apply for Extra Care Housing page.

If you live in a Retirement Housing property, your estate manager will be able to help you to access support from local care providers if required.

Paying for care and support

If you live in a property that is managed by Hanover, some of the services provided will fall under the heading of support charge. Examples include: responding to individual emergency alarm calls, regular visits to certain residents, and discussing any adaptation requirements (such as needing a shower instead of a bath). In some cases, these are funded by the local authority. Our Support Services helpsheet contains information on this subject. Financial assistance may be available to help with care and support costs - please visit our Money Wise page to find out more.